203K Inspections Long Island, NY
Unlike other kinds of home inspections, 203k inspections are designed to specifically target those who intend to apply for a 203k loan for property repair and rehab. When other inspections focus more on improving the immediate value of property concerning aesthetic appeal, features, and decorative remodeling, 203k HUD inspections concentrate more on determining the extent of damages on a given property including what requires to be done to renovate and restore it to ideal conditions. It also provides evidence that the property is indeed in bad shape and could benefit significantly from the loan.
Advantages of 203k Inspections Long Island
1. Long Island 203k Inspections are quite evident and straightforward. These inspections are a requirement to prove eligibility for a 203k loan for your property. Without sufficient evidence, it is challenging to get a 203k loan, but this is not the only benefit.
2. The inspection service also details the cost estimates covering all the main and minor aspects so you can apply for a loan that will facilitate your projected outcome. In simple terms, a 203k inspection will convince the lender to award the loan and also make sure the amount granted covers the entire repair and remodeling costs.
3. These inspections bring safety, security and a peace of mind to the borrower. It is also advisable to work with 203k consultants so that the legal aspects are not left out especially since there are various activities involved in repairing old and damaged property.
Someone who qualifies for a 203(K) inspection is a person who has been designated by someone in the HUD field office. They have also completed the Work Write-Up/Cost Estimate. Lastly, the person is required to show the architectural exhibits to the borrower.
Duties of 203K Inspection Consultant
I. The Visit To The Site Consists Of:
- At the site, a specialist will meet with the borrower.
- The project will be determined as feasible when a general examination is completed.
- Once the project is deemed as feasible, the client will sign a Consultant Agreement and pay the retainer fee.
II. The Specialist Will Prepare A Detailed Report Which Incorporates:
- The project has clear and concise specifications
- There’s an analysis of construction cost
- HUD will need the draw request forms
- The contractor will prepare bid packages
- The lender packages will be composed
III. The Consultant Will Deliver The Report Package To:
- The Lender
- The Borrower
- The Contractor
IV. The Selection Of The Contractor Through The Borrower
- The borrower will choose the contractor.
- The potential buyer will need to note that a bank will have a specific requirement for any contractors as well as find out what those requirements may be.
V. The Loan Closes When:
- The repair funds will be put in escrow.
- The remodel will start.
VI. The Consultant Will Complete A Draw Request Inspection
- First Draw: A consultant will make sure that the permits are issued.
- Second And Third Draw: A draw application for inspections will be made as the work advances.
- Fourth Draw: A punch list will be created and established.
- Fifth Draw: Lastly, the project will be completed, the warranties and lien release will be assembled.
Schedule your 203K Inspections Long Island Today!
Premier Home Inspection Group has been using advanced technology for a home inspection. Our thermal imaging home inspection can see defects and infestations that cannot be seen in an ordinary home inspection.
Do you want your questions answered? Contact us today!
When you choose Premier Home Inspections, you can expect home inspector services that are superior to any in the Long Island area. Our premier home inspection company will let you know if there are safety issues, maintenance needs, or health problems with your home prior to buying it. You don’t want to put money down on a home that has a variety of problems, so make sure that you hire a home inspection company that’s experienced and dedicated to ensuring your home is in tip-top shape. We are prepared to be an advocate for selling or buying a home.